Friday, August 24, 2007

McCain Count Seriously Wrong


According to Paul (Do you know who I used to be?) McCain:

Gregg, you need to tell the truth. The only reason I agreed to see you at the International Center was because you were without a position in the ministry an were selling insurance and tried to sell me a policy. This was before you alienated absolutely every person and every Lutheran Synod, micro-Synod and Lutheran congregation in the USA. Name even one single Lutheran pastor who supports you Gregg. I feel sorry for you.

This eruption came just because I mentioned that I knew him. Imagine if I had admitted he gave me a personal tour of the Purple Palace and got together with me a second time! Egads!

McCain makes it sound like he found me outside the doors of the LCMS office building, pushing my shopping cart full of personal possessions and aluminum cans, brushing away lice and fleas. After he claimed to have a $1 million AAL policy, I tried to sell him something?

I will put it this way - McCain is consistently wrong.

I recently had a long, friendly conversation with Pastor Herman Otten, McCain's former friend. I wonder if McCain alienated his former political ally - the very person who got the Barry-McCain administration into place - by constantly promoting Barry in his paper through secretly leaked materials from McCain. McCain publicly denied working with Otten. We don't really know it's true until we have an official denial from McCain.

Drifting back to my main point - I had a an exceptionally friendly email from a WELS pastor. He reads Ichabod every day and loves it. Before that it was an email from a pastor's daughter, whose father enjoys Ichabod as well. Yesterday I also had a long conversation with a pastor about all kinds of things.

McCain knows from his extensive study of politics, that a motion to make a decision unanimous fails from one negative vote. Therefore, his main contention is seriously wrong, as people must have guessed.

Laity are writing and signing their emails while synod minders are posting anonymously. Both encourage me.

I am trying to encourage people to stand up for the truth rather than continue in their synod-worship. The only ones gaining from synod-worship are those who have lived off the synod dole and hope to continue in their life of luxury and ease.