Friday, August 10, 2007

Paul McCain, Compassion Incarnate


Paul T. McCain has left a new comment on your post "The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell":

Gregg, you need to tell the truth. The only reason I agreed to see you at the International Center was because you were without a position in the ministry an were selling insurance and tried to sell me a policy.

This was before you alienated absolutely every person and every Lutheran Synod, micro-Synod and Lutheran congregation in the USA.

Name even one single Lutheran pastor who supports you Gregg.

I feel sorry for you.

***

I'm glad to add Paul McCain to my list of readers. The Barry-McCain-0tten administration paved the way for SP Kieschnick, so people can be grateful for Paul's leadership. The Barry administration did nothing about DP Benke, so others took the fall when Benke backslid at Yankee Stadium. What did Barry do to end Pentecostalism and Church Growth in the Missouri Synod? Nothing. Thus, Kieschnick.

McCain was quite friendly to me when he was campaign manager for Barry. He bragged about working secretly with Otten, then denied it heatedly and publicly. People should remember that fact when McCain makes his next public denial. He got quite hostile with Otten when the editor was no longer useful to him. That says a lot about McCain.

McCain said he had plenty of insurance coverage, so I did not try to sell him anything, in spite of his claim.

Paul could not face the fact that ELCA women vicars were baptizing and celebrating Holy Communion at LCMS congregations in Ohio. I told him I read the reports at Trinity Seminary, Columbus, Ohio. I also said Barry was too soft on Church Growth. That really made McCain hostile.

Before Paul was elevated to the Purple Palace, he was against Church Growth. I still have a long letter from him commending my anti-CG articles in Christian News. I was just about alone then and still am doing solo work among the trembling, timorous Lutherans. Does McCain's CPH sell Church Growth books now? CPH published Werning, for pity's sake.

I am sure no one in Paul's circle of political friends is on the side of Luther, Chemnitz, or even Walther. I heard Paul brag about undercutting Robert Preus, then saw that he gave an award to Mrs. Preus after her husband died. Here's some advice from the Greeks - A chameleon can turn every color, except white.

Recently Paul has been giving advice to the pope on Cyberbrethren, so I am glad he had time to pity me. I have had a rich, full, exciting, dramatic, and fulfilling life so far. I never needed to deceive people to keep a menial job, so I really do not need the pity of one who does.