Thursday, September 20, 2007

Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant Finished!



I got the proof copy of Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant. The book looks good. I am printing copies for Christian News and for those who order from me. The books should arrive at both places in a week. More about ordering below.

The book is almost exactly like the previous edition, with these changes:
1. All the Biblical citations are from the KJV instead of the NIV.
2. The footnotes are at the bottom of each page, making it easier to find the references and comments.
3. I added a section on Original Sin.
4. Some sections were clarified with additional material. I quoted Robert Preus more extensively on justification by faith.
5. Norma Boeckler added artwork to the book.

Ordering information -

People can order from Lulu.com anywhere in the world, either buying the PDF or the printed, paperback book. A book is $25, but they add about $10 for shipping.

The book will be at Christian News, which is handy for people using credit cards. He will probably beat the Lulu.com price, and charge less for shipping.

CN accepts credit cards.

I will process some orders - but please make out the checks to me, not MCP. I do not have a business account. The advantage is that I will send bulk orders to congregation for a lower cost. Many congregations have used the book for confirmation class or adult study. There is no other book like it in print. so it is useful for Lutheran/Catholic couples or those contemplating marriage.

My address is:
Gregory L. Jackson
6421 W. Poinsettia Drive
Glendale, AZ 85304
623-334-8014

My email address is - the last name of Martin Chemnitz, lower case.
The email provider is cox.net.
I wrote it this way to decrease the volume of spam.

I will charge $25 for a single book, plus $5 for shipping. The costs go down with more copies.

***

Norman Teigen has left a new comment on your post "Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant Finished!":

Before I send my check for thirty bucks I'd like to learn a little bit more about your book. Is this a comparison of the doctrines of the two churches? Is this a commentary on current trends within the two churches?

I'd like to know more about the book.

If you send me a freebie I will review it on my blog.

***

GJ - That's a deal, Norm. Yes, I will send out review copies, even though my experience has been less than positive. There were a lot more review copies than reviews.

This work is up to date but not concerned with newspaper topics. The idea is to show people from the sources what each confession teaches. The bibliography is 10+ pages long. The book is loaded with verbatim quotations from Megatron, so anyone can check the original and go back to the printed version, if needed.