Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant Printing



The Luluputians have informed me that Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant is being printed and sent to Christian News, another shipment going to the Galactic Headquarters of Martin Chemnitz Press.

I have learned from my Church Growth mentors in various synods to inflate all titles. However, that makes me a bit uneasy, since an ecclesiastical organization is always inversely proportionate to the grandiloquence of its name. (For Mequon graduates, that means: the bigger the name, the smaller the institution. Example - Evangelical Lutheran Diocese of North America. Translation - one church building, a half dozen meeting-ats.)

When my copies arrive I will immediately ship them to those who care to order through me, or, those who ordered early to avoid the rush.

CN ordering advantage - they take credit cards.

MCP advantage - If you want 10 or more, I can give you a good discount. A number of churches have ordered boxes of CLP at a time, for confirmation or adult classes. I will still take care of individual orders, too. I am happy to work with small book stores with a consignment arrangement. They can take on a few books at a time and pay the wholesale rate when they have sold them.

***

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant Printing":

Any person can take credit card orders through PayPal or Google's Froogle service. PayPal allows people to send money and an invoice to you without your having to even post anything on e-Bay or your website. I think Froogle requires you to post something, BUT posting on Froogle is free. The post remains active for 30 days, but you renew the post with a couple mouse clicks when the 30 days is up. You can do that indefinitely.

GJ - That may be true, but I am allergic to PayPal.