Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We Still Believe, II


Michael Schottey has left a new comment on your post "We Still Believe":

Rev. Jackson,

I would like to use this text (Is mission statement too GW?) on my new website.

http://theshepherdsvoice.blogspot.com/

I would use it en toto and not change the text in anyway. I would also cite you and link to your site (in the post)As a way of biographical introduction I would include the following.

'This is a sample from a brochure of a church pamphlet. It comes from Rev. Gregory Jackson of Bethany Lutheran Church an independent Lutheran congregation. I have not always agreed with everything he has said, but this is the most confessional statement I have found to be used in such a way.'

Thank you
Michael Schottey
Mschottey1985@yahoo.com

***

GJ - Permission granted. How pleasant, to get a comment like this. Signed, too. Nota bene, A. Nony Mouse.

I cannot determine how people use what I offer, so no one has to promise to use my words verbatim. I find it odd that people borrow something and water it down. Historical note - I composed this at Mequon, during a so-called evangelism training seminar for pastors and laity. The entire program was all Church Growth, featuring such luminaries as David Valleskey, Paul Kelm, Lawrence Otto Olson (all Fuller grads). The brochure is proof that the seminar had no ill effects on me, in spite of the best efforts of WELS' leading false teachers.

I am happy to have people debate with me. Blogs are great for obtaining information, sharing opinions, refining argumentation.

I appreciate Norm Teigen's willing to spar with me.

Information mavens complain that when they read a magazine or newspaper, there is no link taking them to more information.

One hobby of Lutherans is finding the rest of the story in Christian News. The remainder may be on the page listed, but then again, it may not.