Sunday, October 14, 2007

BMs at Wisconsin Lutheran College



Found on WELS.net, what a surprise!

"I am a leader of our new youth group and I agree with your statement about getting teens involved on the worship committee, etc. Why are we losing so many teens in the Wisconsin Synod? I believe a main reason is that we don't give them the opportunities to feel ownership in their church. As a church body we have many generations to reach out to and everyone has different tastes. Too often we just reach out to the style of one generation and usually only 1-2 generations make the decisions within the church body. I encourage you to check out the book "The Present Future" by Reggie McNeal. I saw him speak at WLC and I believe we can learn from his insight. Any other thoughts I would appreciate hearing from you."

Mark Heckendorf