Thursday, October 11, 2007

LCMS Stewardship: Selling at a Loss




I have to admire the genius of the LCMS. They bought the Christian Brothers College a few years ago. Now they are selling it for a $6 million loss. They have to borrow $2 million of that loss to cover the shortfall. The rest of the loss comes from operating funds.

I am still guessing that they had big plans but ran out of money to carry them out. The former owners must have laughed as Missouri borrowed heavily to finance their turkey.

That reminds me of Prairie, the WELS prep school bought in a panic because it failed as a Catholic school. No one knows exactly how much was sunk into that school. It was also sold.

We bought Prairie in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout.
We've been talkin' bout Prairie, ever since the fire went out.
I'm sellin' that prep school, I'm gonna lose some dough,
Yeah, I'm goin' to Prairie,
Look out Prairie du Chien.