Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Poor Mouse, Rants and Raves Again


A. Nony Mouse has left a new comment on your post "Rev. A. Nony Mouse Hates These Sayings":

You can condemn, mock and criticize others to your heart's content, but if someone criticizes you, you put on your site a gazillion quotes. You can't even post the criticisms people send in to you. The buzz in some circles is that Jackson has really gone off the deep end. For proof, they say, just check out Ichabod.

***

GJ - Yes, those quotations really sent poor Mouse into the stratosphere, just as I thought. He knows why I post quotations. I am sure he is the first to yell "8th Commandment" when someone points out his lack of sound doctrine, but he knows my evil motivation from afar.

I quote the great Lutheran theologians because the Leonard Sweet-hearts like Mouse never will. Luther embarrasses Mouse. So does Pieper. And Walther. And Hoenecke. Anyone literate in theology is a cross for Mouse to bear.

I often quote Mouse because he is so funny. I am happy to pass on the reports from his drinking buddies in WELS. I doubt whether they get their buzz from Ichabod. Happy hour is probably their font of buzz.

Mouse always elicits interesting comments from the laity, who provide a stark and shocking contrast to the repetitive fulminations of the nameless one. The laity make sense.

Oh yes, here is an imaginary conversation during Happy Hour in Milwaukee:
Mouse: Jackson has really gone off the deep end, hasn't he?
Rat: Oh yes, quoting Luther, a bad sign. Are you coming to the Church and Change conference?
Mouse: I can't afford to miss it. Good career move.
Rat: Definitely. I want to be seen there.
Mouse: I need to blow some smoke in people's eyes. Do you still have a copy of "We Still Believe?"
Rat: Dude, it's all over the Net.
Mouse: Oh yeah, thanks.