Thursday, January 3, 2008

How To Buy Thy Strong Word



Church Growth Results: It's Your Faulty for Not Inviting People to Our Sneaker Services, Where We Ape the Reformed and Mock the Means of Grace


saxoniae has left a new comment on your post "Reasons for WELS-LCMS-ELS":

I stumbled upon your online version of Thy Strong Word when googling for articles about Robert Preus after reading his Getting into the Theology of Concord and the two volumes on Post-Reformation Lutheranism.

I liked it! I plan to go to Scholia/Repristination Press and buy it -- they produce a great Advent devotional (Tim Pauls) and their translation of Chytraeus' Catechesis was very good. I've noticed you're one of the few people who ever mention David Chytraeus.

Would you happen to know why so many confessional Lutheran pastors favor Berthold von Schenk and why all I get is a chuckle and the 8th Commandment in return when I complain about it?

***

GJ - I am not sure if His Beatitude, The Right Reverend James Heiser, Bishop of Malone, Texas, and Adjoining Counties, is still selling Thy Strong Word through Repristination Press. Heiser thinks being a bishop is everything, but having an ELCA member on his board is fine - because of all the orders placed by the ELCA member. And yet, a whole new nano-sect (ELDONA) must be started over Yankee Stadium unionism. Is that a contradiction or ironic humor?

I have a few copies of Thy Strong Word left. Post your email as a comment (not to be published) and I will send information about buying it.

My plans shifted back to more publishing and teaching in 2008. Man proposes; God disposes - as the Germans say. Thanks to an industrious editor, I can do a new version of Thy Strong Word. That would be a more popular edition, cut down in size, available on Lulu.com.

I am being double-trained online starting January 7th. I will start at a new online university so I have to learn their system, which will be time-consuming. Secondly, I will start a master's in journalism on the same day. To teach writing at more schools I need a master's in the field. No, do not weep for me. I think it will be fun and edifying.