Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Slandering So-Called
Slander-Victims of WELS




According to the US Supreme Court, crying Slander! in a crowded blogosphere is the same as committing slander.


I found this paragraph from the aptly named Moose Report a good example of WELS defending false doctrine by deceitfully crying "Slander!" Frosty Bivens did the same thing when I quoted his pal Paul Kelm. Actually, I have heard this dodge used so often that I can no longer count. Werning is quick to scream "Slander!" too. The Church Growth zombies violate the Eighth Commandment even more than they cite it.

Third, and this really gets me, Gregory Jackson adds a note stating “I see a familiar name associated with the Moose Report.” It’s bad enough that he mars my blog and falsely testifies that I “support” Sweet, but he adds an unnecessary comment to slander those associated with me, which could easily mean any of my brothers who are faithful WELS members, or even my sainted father.

I’m quite irritated, just FYI.


***

GJ - I said "a familiar name" because there is a cluster of WELS blogs associated with Mrs. Moose. People link the blogs they like, so anyone with an IQ above room temperature can detect some doctrinal affinities from checking those out.

Mrs. Moose (DMLC grad?) links her brother, Revvin Rev. He links Pastor Rick Johnson, who is the Crown of Life, Corona, California pastor known for being a Leonard Sweet-heart. When I mentioned this on my blog and went back to his blog, the slobbering reference to Sweet was gone - overnight. So were the offering statistics (like the Red Sea, man) that he posted. He said someone let him know about the offering posting, so he got rid of it. He forget to mention the Sweet pangyric which disappeared at the same time.

Bloggers check out other blogs, so I figured that perhaps Revvin Rev or the brother-in-law let Pastor Rick Johnson know his offerings were totally exposed to the public. Pastor Rick Johnson said it was "unclassy" to mention his offerings. Publishing on a web or blogsite means making it public.

Mrs. Moose is an ardent Sweet supporter, now in denial.

The Crown of Life pastor, a known CGM fan, is a Sweet supporter, but silent about it now.

I fail to comprehend how noticing a familiar name is a slanderous attack on the entire Moose herd. Disavowing published support for Sweet is bad enough, but calling me a false witness for quoting her is only going to draw attention to what the entire Moose coalition represents.

Ichabodians must be asking, "Why is a hippy, Methodist, New Age gasbag like Sweet so appealing to WELS people, who cannot find the Large Catechism in the dark?"

Answer - Sweet has been promoted by Church and Change. According to a recent post, they were bold enough to give seminarians free tickets to their 2007 conference.

Why is Church and Change so in love with the doctrine of a hippy, Methodist, New Age gasbag like Sweet?"

Answer - Sweet is closely connected to the Church Growth gurus of America: Robert Schuller, Fuller Seminary, etc.