Saturday, March 22, 2008

Teaching the Gospel in a Secular Setting



KJV John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:


When I applied for a license to teach in higher education, I did not ask for accreditation in religion. I was teaching computers at the time. The certificate came back: Computer science and religion.

When I began teaching at a business school, I never thought of teaching religion. I was told they needed instructors in computer science. Soon I was teaching writing and world religion. The school decided people needed to know more about world culture. The class is very popular as an elective, so I teach it all over Arizona.

I added another for-profit school to my schedule last year. The Biblical courses are required, so I teach Old and New Testament.

I get to teach whatever I want at both schools. I teach the efficacy of the Word, the authority of the Scriptures, the Six-Day Creation. I quote Luther often. That always riled up Lutheran leaders (Lutheran in Name Only - LINOs), but others are quite respectful. I teach Catholics, Muslims, Evangelicals, ordained pagan priestesses, and atheists.

I lost track of how many books have been given away to students. I am glad the apostates have given me so many opportunities. They did not mean to do it, but things worked out that way. There are many ways for the sheep to hear the Good Shepherd's voice.