Sunday, April 6, 2008

Famous WELS Actor Dead at 84




Charlton Heston died at the age of 84, after a remarkable career as a Hollywood actor, Second Amendment advocate, and WELS member.

Mrs. Ichabod says I misspoke. Heston was an Episcopalian.

How did I make that mistake? Oh, I remember. Heston was the featured speaker at a WELS Lutherans for Life gathering. The Wisconsin sect pulled out of Lutherans for Life because they were worried about unionism. So when Heston was announced, I naturally remembered him as a Wisconsin sect member.

They would never listen to someone from another denomination! Would they?

Mrs. Ichabod is speaking. Hmm? Oh yes, I forgot. They invited every denomination except one to teach them about worship. Which one did they overlook? They forgot to invite the ELS? Tiefel - you devil.

What is the definition of a unionist? Answer - Someone who loves every denomination except his own.