Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tired of Jack-in-the-Box Pop Up Ads?




Academia is so full of fun and laughter. I was teaching web design to college students, so I was asked to teach it to graduate students in education. The students encouraged me to enroll in the program, so I did. I could not get out of taking the same web design course I was teaching. I took the class as a student the same time I was teaching it as an instructor. That was because I did not have graduate credits in that field, only two (2) certifications and undergraduate credit, plus Cisco, A+, N+, Linux+.

I just learned that I am required to take web design for journalism. I said to my soul, "Soul, now I can opt out and skip a course, because I have earned graduate credits." The school said I could opt out and take another course in its place. I responded, "No, I will rather learn more about web design." My brain said, "Easy A."

That got me to download the Microsoft Expression web design software, which made me itch to merge many of my websites at my domain name site, easy to remember:

gljackson.com.

I will have to change links on this blog and Bethany's to get people into the non pop-up pages.

File Transfer Protocol made it easy to put the websites together. I will troubleshoot them later. I know a number of links are not going to work until their pages match up with the html code.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Ichabod continues to have serious problems and will have another cardiac test this coming Friday.