Friday, September 12, 2008

NPH Fires Back



Irrelevant photo, but funny anyway.



Mark Buske has left a new comment on your post "Run--Do Not Walk--To View the Latest WELS Typo":

Pastor Jackson,

I was excited the other day when you posted my comment about the Triglotta in electronic format with Bente's Introductions.

Then I open my RSS reader today and find you criticizing NPH for not checking our spelling. Interestingly enough, the page you point to is at www.logos.com and is not an NPH page. We didn't use the lovely phrase, "taylor-made;" that's from Logos.

The "after-shock" price you quote is actually the combination of all the volumes in print, and not if the customer purchases the disk separately.

Anyway, thank you for the publicity.

Mark Buske

NPH Marketing Director

***

GJ - Round One. I have to admit. He is right. Logos edited that page. Techies cannot spell. The title of the page in the browser is NPH, so I am sure Buske is leaving some phone messages at Logos headquarters right now. "You are making us look like idiots!"

Round Two - the huge, inflated price is the printed material price, as he said:

"The equivalent print volumes of these resources are valued at $2,115.59!" I would dispute the 59 cents, without fear of contradiction.

The post-production price is somewhat higher than the grand total pre-publication price:

$2,115.59 printed;
$524.95 post-pub CD-ROM;
$399.95 blue light special, pre-pub CD-ROM.


If someone wants all these resources, the CD-ROM set is ideal for portability, research, etc. I love reading real books, but I favor the computer for research. If NPH would favor me with information about how well Logos print-to-CD works with copy and paste, I will be glad to post that information. The WELS students might want to offer their experience.

Congregations should be buying these resources for their seminary students, pastors, and teachers.

My suggestions for divinity students and pastors:

1. Luther's works first.
2. Triglotta and Bente second, (but just as important).
3. Lenski third.
4. Boxer shorts if there is any money left. (Old NWC joke: "All you need is Lenski, the Triglotta, and boxer shorts....")