Tuesday, October 14, 2008

See What I Mean?




Clergy adultery is not a sin: it's a hobby. Addressing the issue is a sin.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Clergy Adultery Is Not a Victimless Crime":

Mr. Jackson,

You wrote: "No, I did not write this. No, my buddies did not write this. I do not know who wrote it, but I thought it sounded authentic."

You don't know who wrote it and you only "thought" it sounded authentic? But you still printed it anyway? I can now understand why people think you are always breaking the Eighth Commandment. Is this why you're not a pastor anymore?

***

GJ - And there's more. See what I mean? This guy must be on disability or collecting a salary for no work done:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "See What I Mean?":

A pastor is one who has a call to serve a congregation. Even the Augsburg Confession says so. Who issued your call? Your wife? You can call yourself a "Rev." or even a "Dr.", but not a "Pastor."

***

GJ - I suspect he was weaned on a pickle, potty-trained at gunpoint.

***

GJ - I do not know who wrote this particular rant, so I suppose by posting it I am again violating the 8th. I heard this so often in WELS that anything said in our house was followed by shouts of "Eighth Commandment!"

"You didn't take out the garbage."

"Eighth Commandment!"

I am a pastor, and I teach students to identify logical fallacies like the double question above: "Is this why you're not a pastor anymore?"

Note the Mr. Jackson sarcasm, etc. Poor fellow. No matter how many stinkbombs he throws, the clergy adultery situation remains the same. I could list the well known cases, like Fred Adrian's congregation losing a $400,000 lawsuit due to vicar adultery. The lawyers for WELS even listed many cases of abuse, and I have that list from the victim's lawyer. During the trial they knew of no cases at all, but the judge thought otherwise when presented with some facts provided by a former WELS pastor. The judge ordered WELS to tell the truth.

Court cases are another symptom of the problem. When the synod leaders cover up and deceive people, lawyers have a chance to make a killing.

Clergy adultery and the WELS-ELS coverup attempts are the reason I am no longer a WELS pastor.