Friday, February 27, 2009

First Lawrenz and Patterson - Now Lampe



"Brian Arthur Lampe delivers a one-two punch to the devil and his schemes with his high powered, enthusiastic, energetic life-applying Biblical motivational speaking. We are on a quest for authentic God. By including Brian Arthur Lampe, you will have more than just a rally or a Bible study. You and your congregation will be providing men, women, and youth with an encouraging process that teaches them how to live lives of authentic Christianity as modeled by Jesus Christ and directed by the Word of God."


----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Brian Lampe
To: church_and_change@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 5:25:17 AM
Subject: [church_and_change] Pure love for Jesus

Dear C & C Brothers and Sisters,

Please understand that my comments are purely out of Christian love and that I want to insure that my daughter who is 4 years old now has WELS church that will be able to reach and apply God’s Word to her when she gets into her teens and college age.

I personally witnessed my Father coming home from council meetings almost monthly upset and telling me how “yelling” and “arguing” would take place in the basement of the church. Who knew what the topics were, but every month with the fighting?

I agree that talking about issues is healthy, and I don’t want to see traditional worship disappear. However, I would like choices but for those of us who are unable to worship our God with all heart, soul, and mind because they are held hostage by the refusal of being open minded to new ideas.

I clicked and pasted this from our WELS web-site;



Read John 8:31,32.



3. What does it mean to be “set free” in the area of worship forms?



We are free to choose the best forms to present Jesus’ teaching, the truth that sets us free.





5. How do you keep from studying the Scriptures and coming to false conclusions?


Keep Jesus as the center of everything you study.



Shouldn’t that be enough?

Keeping Jesus at the center of everything we study?

I get some of the contemporary music is unhealthy, and I actually love most of the hymns but not with organ. I have been introduced to KOINE from St Marcus and it’s amazing what they can do with hymn.

In closing my goal isn’t to change the way churches currently perform worship, I am just wanting to open up new churches that are outside of the outside of the box idea.

www.gotocore.com is a great ministry. I would encourage you to e-mail Pastor Ski who’s (sic) church isn’t even open yet, and no members. Ask him how much love he has experienced from his fellow brothers as they begin to launch into new un charted territories.

God Bless
Brian Arthur Lampe
CEO-ministries. com





***

GJ - I asked Ski to be a friend on Facebook, but he turned around and complained about me--behind my back--on Twitter. (Eighth Commandment!) Now Ski is whining to Lampe about WELS pastors trying get him on the right track. That sounds so much like his mentor Paul Kelm, who pouted and fumed when his fellow pastors begged him not to invite Leonard Sweet to the C and C conference. Kelm refused to answer and went ahead with his plans.

Joe Krohn has blogged that his Rock and Roll Church has taken away Lent. His church also takes sermon titles, texts, and graphics from false teachers.

KJV Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

NKJ Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. 18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple. 19 For your obedience has become known to all.