Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joe Krohn Blog Stats



Joe must be there somewhere. This is posted as his photo.




Name: An Apology for a 'Rock and Roll' Lutheran Church

Six posts in 2009.

Sixteen in 2008.

Followers - only two: Tim Felt-Needs and Ichabod.

Joe Krohn
I am a member of Christ the Rock in Round Rock, Texas and part of the worship team. I started this blog to temper the legalistic opinion of some of our brothers and sisters in our Lutheran fellowship.


[GJ - Legalism is the charge made by David Valleskey against anyone who criticizes the Church Growth Movement of his alma mater, Fuller Seminary.]

Krohn's inspired words:

The Last on the Ichabodians...

I ran across this (see below) today on Tim's blog. Classic. It really put things in perspective for me.

I'll be posting much less. I have so many other constructive things I can be doing. It amazes me how much time people can and do spend on these blogs. It would serve the Ichabodians well if they actually got out from behind their computers and actually had human contact with the outside world. Sometimes I think it was Satan and not Al Gore who invented the internet. It's a great way for him to get you isolated so he can lie to you.

I originally set this up as a counter to the Ichabodians as I truly thought that this was a big deal. But I realize that it has been the accuser all along messing with me. How easy it is to fall prey. I expected a lot of heat on this blog, but am pleasantly surprised at the lack of it which tells me that Tim was right on in his assessment of the two groups being on the fringe(CG vs. the Confessional Crusaders).

I challenge any one of them to come on here and back up their behavior with one scripture passage and leave their identity. Where in the Bible did anyone ever demean, slander, make fun of or ridicule anyone of faith? I dare say that if the one person who exuded perfect love came back to earth, not one of the Ichabodians would recognize Him even if He bit them on the cheek. (Yes, I mean that one!)

I can only top it with this passage from Matthew 15:

Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:
8" 'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.