Monday, April 27, 2009

Trinity Lutheran Church in Appleton, Wisconsin



Kurt & Mary Beth Kovanen

***

GJ - Note to all concerned: I have labeled this ELCA because it is the ELCA (Trinity) church in town. I do my homework! Did I say it was WELS? No. Did I imply it? No. Did I link it properly, as I always do? Yes.

---

I saw the post on Trinity (ELCA) in Appleton. But you called it "the" ELCA church in town. There are over a dozen ELCA congregations in this area...THREE of them are very near The CORE in location - Trinity, Zion and First English. Zion also has a female minister. So does First English.

***

GJ - And WELS/LCMS/ELS all work with ELCA through Thrivent, which is also in town. Thrivent has created a pan-Lutheran denomination by waving fives and tens at congregations. The conservative synods all work with ELCA on ELCA's terms. Even the Pharisees of the Church of the Lutheran Confession (sic) join in.