Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Doug Englebrecht - It's 10 PM
Do You Know Where Your Pastors Are?



Doug Englebrecht, DP, Northern Wisconsin--Anything Goes--District


Glende, Ski, and Katy are larning evangelism from the Babtists in Atlanta.

Buske is there too, but he is from Milwaukee.

Ski, Buske, and Parlow were there last year for Drive 08. Have you read Ski's blog about worshiping with Andy Stanley and how awesome that was?

WELS found enough spine to shut down the Waldo Werning-Kent Hunter love fest, but promotes Babtist touchy-feely decision theology?

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Doug Englebrecht - It's 10 PMDo You Know Where You...":

President Engelbrecht:
Please act on this.

Thank-you.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Doug Englebrecht - It's 10 PMDo You Know Where You...":

Pastor Englebrecht, where are your pastors and even more importantly - where is your spine? If you are not willing to do your job, please resign and let someone who is willing to keep a close eye on wayward pastors do that job for you! These pastors who prefer to learn from people with whom WELS is not even in fellowship with should be disciplined and made an example of as to keep others from getting the same idea. I personally am on the brink of severing my own lifelong membership with the WELS. Not that I am leaving WELS but that they have left ME. I anxiously await this upcoming synod convention and expect to see a harsh condemnation of this type of activity followed by not just lip service, but serious consequence to those who would try to hijack my church now or in the future. Without that, sadly I fear I can no longer associate with a church body that doesn't practice what it preaches.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Doug Englebrecht - It's 10 PMDo You Know Where You...":

Two years ago I joined the local WELS church after having been Baptist most of my life. I do believe what I was taught in confirmation classes and could see where my old church had gone astray. I am sad to watch as my new church is drifting slowly but surely to look and act exactly like my old church. What is the alternative? I am at a loss.