Sunday, May 3, 2009

Not Able To Grasp the Lutheran Crush on Driscoll



Mark Driscoll is adored and plagiarized
by WELS Church and Chicanery pastors.


Monday, April 20, 2009
Somebody Tell Me...
...what is with the pastoral "man crush" it seems many Lutheran clergy have over Mark Driscoll? I confess, I've never read his work, but he identifies himself as a Calvinist. Last time I checked the Lutheran Confessions, that would be a BAD thing.

Rev. Matthew Ruesch
Lutheran Pastor (LCMS) on the shores of mighty Mille Lacs Lake in central Minnesota. Also a husband, a father, a sports junkie, and an unabashed pro-lifer.

Pastor Rance said...
I don't get it, either. His latest clip on his website is, "Baptism doesn't save you", and he says infant baptism is nothing more than pagan superstition and there's no evidence of infant baptism anywhere in church history. Say again? If you're a Calvinist, you must think this way, so baptism can become something you must do, and not something Jesus does for you. Then you have the problem of when a person can believe, and that leads to the age of discernment. Maybe if you and I lose the albs and stoles and slick our hair up we'll be popular, too! But I don't have any hair, so I guess I'm out...:-)