Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ichabods Going To Training Event - But Not the Pietistic Gathering at Mequon




Some have wondered about the alleged Texas Church and Change confab. I alerted my sources but no one could confirm a meeting at Patterson's church. One person theorized that having a secret meeting published on Ichabod was a good way to get it canceled.

The story may have been a mistake or planted to mislead. No matter - the Pietists will gather at Mequon in a few days. The liberal WELS leaders are especially dense in the Milwaukee area, so they can prey and pray at the same time.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Maintaining the Momentum":

I thought WELS already taught people to pray. Why does it need a separate prayer institute? Is it a form of advanced placement before God?



Church and Change will be in charge of games at the
WELS Prayer Institute meeting.
I feel the buzz already.


Meanwhile, my wife and I will be going to a training event in LA (free) and stop at the Nixon Library on the way. I gave up on journalism school earlier this year. I figured I was already a journalist, and I did not relish grading even more paper.

One of my business connections asked me about going active in life insurance again. I did a little in 2007-8, but teaching got so busy I dropped it. Besides, the time requirements did not mesh with online teaching at all. I had to drive various places in Arizona, very scenic but also expensive.

Oddly enough, the new version of life insurance is how I bought my last policy. I asked for a quote and ended up getting coverage for half the price of the policy I owned at that time - Northwestern Mutual.

So I currently work in eight states, mostly in the East, using the phone and the computer. Many people get their coverage without any paperwork at all, since insurance companies are catching up with the new technology.

I was the general agency's annuity expert before, so I plan to do that again. Retired people are leery about the stability of variable funds. I am glad many have seen the numbers go up again.

My plan is to create more freedom for writing. If I can help people work part-time or full-time from their homes, that will be a bonus. Many ministers are going to become tent-makers because of the flat economy and the disastrous leadership in Washington DC.