Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lost Momentum at Church and Change




Agent X caught this lovely photo of the latest Chicanery meeting.


It's over, man! A week ago, already!


2009 conference registration is open!

The 2009 Church and Change conference will be here before you know it and the on-line registration is ready to go. For a full description of each presenter/topic please click home/2384/2384/file/C&C%20program_color.pdf. Once you have decided which session you would like to go to please click here www.regonline.com/churchandchange2009 to register for the conference.

I crossed my fingers and traveled to the Chicanery websty, hoping for an update on the November 5-7 meeting. They are still advertising a meeting that was over a week ago.

Ha ha. I guess they need more planning, more Management by Objective. Or perhaps their key leaders were too busy working on their next FIC articles and MLC keynote addresses.

Or rehearsing "Party in the WMA" (Wyndham Milwaukee Airport).

I hopped off the bus at WMA
with some chicks and my Church Growth books.
Welcome to the land of beer and brats, (woah)
am I gonna fit in?

Jumped in the cab,
Here I am for the first time.
Look to the right and I see the Church and Change sign
This is all I murmur -
"Everybody seems so Schwaermer!"

My tummys turnin and I'm feelin Pentecostal
Too much Millers and I'm queasy,
That's when the taxi man turned on the radio,
and a Koine song was on,
and the Koine song was on,
and the Koine song was on.

CHORUS:
So I put both hands up
They’re playing our song,
And the Lutherans fly away.
Noddin’ my head like Sweet
Moving my hips like Ski,
And I put both hands up,
They’re playin our song
I know I'm gonna be Church Growth.
Yeah, It's a party in the WMA!
Yeah, It's a party in the WMA!

Get to the bar in my taxi cab
Everybody's lookin at me now
Like “who's that hick, with the porcine chicks?
They gotta be from out of town.”