Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Real Issue about the Chicago Stealth Congregation




Self-parody. Not a product of LOL-Lutherans.com


Michael Schottey has left a new comment on your post "Good Sign - Comments Getting More Abusive":

Awww...thanks for playing along Anon@7:11. The real question is whether or not you're a WELS member, human being, or Christian because you're posting anonymously.

But thanks for calling MY accountability into question. I'm too old for that kind of spine twisting maneuver.

I have been there. My sister (recently moved from New Ulm to Tulsa, OK) spent two years as a member of Crossroads. Being a family man, I've worshiped, attended Bible Study, and even potlucked there.

I've also sat with the pastor there and discussed how foolish I think it is to leave out the name Lutheran so he knows exactly how I feel about that and other CG garbage.

But again, thanks for stopping by---whoever you are.

***

GJ - I give Michael credit for signing his name and being frank. Open discussions are good. I have no use for people who send insulting and crude comments, anonymously, but it does please me that I have gotten under their skin.

If someone sends a comment, it does not de-rez in seven days. I can use it as long as it exists. The defense of the Chicago stealth congregation is typical of WELS attitudes, and I sympathize to some extent (but not enough to stop pounding the Shrinkers). We do not want to break the bonds of friendship and kinship, but we should know the Word will do that. Jesus taught that clearly enough.

KJV Mark 3:32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. 33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren? 34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

The point of my original post was to highlight the stealth congregation in Chicago. Readers with good memories will recall that the pastor had already studied under the odious Leonard Sweet before Kelm sponsored and defended that particular Chicanery conference. Someone leaked the listserve comments.

I highlighted the stealth congregation in Chicago to show how despicable FIC has been. The subsidized WELS magazine is the publishing arm of Church and Change, itself a free-basing parachurch organization. So the suckers of WELS pay for Church and Change to send its propaganda all over the world, via print and the sluggish website (run by another Shrinker).

The mission offering is to convey Christ's Gospel to the world? Not so fast. A vast amount of that money goes to promote the most blatant false doctrine, by means of:
  1. FIC.
  2. Various useless periodicals.
  3. Both mission boards and their CG lackeys.
  4. Mission counselors, possibly more dangerous than the periodicals.
  5. Mary Lou College, The Sausage Factory.
  6. Parachurch CG tumors started with synod money and led by Chicaneries.
  7. Free staff for well-connected pastors like Don Patterson.
  8. Doctrinal Pussycat enablers, who get their own fat subsidies for the onerous work of protecting Shrinkers like Parlow, Ski, Witte, Hunter, Olson, Gunn, etc.
  9. Vicars for cutting-edge Shrinkers like Randy Hunter.
As I have said many times before, the non-Lutherans would brandish pitchforks and burning torches if a speck of baptismal regeneration, Real Presence, or efficacy of the Word emanated from their scrofulous schools and printing presses. They must lick their slavering jaws when the conservative Lutherans show up with wads of Thrivent cash and synod subsidy money in their fists. WELS members - your pastors have earned DMins in Church Growth from such prestige schools as:
  1. Gordon Conwell - Witte. Now on the Asian board. Nice promo.
  2. Fuller Seminary - L. Olson. Waldo Werning Professor of Church Growth at Mary Lou College.
  3. Denver - John Parlow, St. Mark Depere, a congregation of the Willow Creek Association.
  4. Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows in St. Louis - Paul Kelm, the retiring but never shy guru of Reformed doctrine for WELS.