Sunday, December 6, 2009

Apologies to Doris Day







Hear Doris Day sing the newest Church and Change hymn.


Once I had a secret love
That lived within the heart of me
All too soon my secret love
Became impatient to be free



So I told a friendly star
The way that dreamers often do
Just how wonderful you are
And why I'm so in love with you

Now I shout it from the highest hills
Even told the golden daffodils
At last my heart's an open door
And my secret love's no secret anymore

---

Hi Professor,

not trying to be contentious, but weren't you the one defending SP Schroeder before? What do you mean to turn him into a flower child? Don't get it.

DK
***

GJ - Flower child? The first graphic shows a morganatic (secret) marriage between Jeske and Kieschnick. The first stage of this relationship had Jeske involved in lecturing at Concordia U. (LCMS, Mequon), participating in a joint service with the LCMS, and speaking at a Missouri district meeting.

I thought the old Doris Day lyrics fit the new situation, with Jeske promoted on the home page of the Missouri Synod. "Now my secret love's no secret anymore."

The "friendly star" is Bruce Becker, an expert in explaining fellowship principles.

"Now I shout it from the highest hills
Even told the golden daffodils."

At some point Jeske has to explain to Schroeder, and the Wisconsin State DPs that he is a Missouri pastor now. Therefore, the three DPs and the SP are the daffodils.

I still think SP Schroeder is doing a great job, and I do not envy him at all.