Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bury My Knee at Wounded-Heart




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Ichaslang Lexicon":

"Before that, it was Dr. Martin Luther College, nicknamed Dumb Man's Last Chance, for those men who decided teaching parochial school was easier than all that Greek and Hebrew."

I really hope this is some sort of joke, Pastor Jackson. Why do you have no love in your heart? You are one of the most bitter, angry people I have ever seen. I really, really feel sorry for you. All of those degrees have done you zero good. Luther is just a man. And the Book of Concord is not the Bible. Please, keep the hurtful and sinful comments to yourself, and start offering practical advice to the people that you disagree with. 

***

GJ - I wonder if this is from a regular reader, the wounded heart lady from St. Marcus Of No Denomination. She called me a Pharisee and promised to pray for me. As a former Pharisee herself, she knew about my hardened condition. She signed her name to that one, but I deleted it, to avoid any guilt by association accusations from St.-Marcus-by-the-Hood.

Dumb Man's Last Chance is a joke from WELS, passed on from someone whose brother is a WELS pastor. The gentleman who told me the joke is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

Someone reading this blog and checking out Ichaslang will not be soothed by my jeremiads. But thanks for drawing attention to one of the most popular features.

The Chicaneries do not read very much, and they often read with no comprehension. I just posted practical solutions for all Lutherans this morning - hours ago. Someone immediately wrote that it was better than the $15,000 boilerplate sold by WELS as a Perish Services consultation. I suggest reading Modest Proposal for Lutherans.