Thursday, December 17, 2009

WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent




You are probably wondering why The CORE is featuring Christmas at the Movies.

Perhaps it is because Joe Case is featuring Christmas at the Movies. Joe Case wrote: "Part one of our series, “Christmas at the Movies”. This time we feature a message inspired by the new Christmas classic, “Elf”. Joe Case video tapes people being immersed in a glass tank. He bills his church as a Dangerous Church and has a sermon posted on The Real F Word.

For some reason, The CORE also featured "Elf." I did not get to watch "Elf." The star of that film is known for featuring gross and disgusting bits as comedy.



Why didn't The CORE feature Nightmare Before Christmas
I skipped that classic too, but I am sure it is edgy.



I heard the Appleton clergy were getting uneasy about The CORE. Doubtless in another decade they will say, "About that movie series..." Katie will be DP by then, so she will smack them down hard.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent":

It absolutely sickens me that nobody at the WELS headquarters seems to be doing anything about the shenanigans going on in Appleton. Don't they know and don't care OR do they know and don't care? Which is it? This is why I cannot in good conscience support my local WELS church knowing that some of my offerings could be going to support this type of nonsense. As soon as I see anybody at the Love Shack speaking out against and doing something to stop this kind of thing, I'll keep my money for other more worthy causes. It is so sad and sickening at the same time. CORE --- GET OUT OF MY SYNOD AND TAKE SKI WITH YOU!!!



Ski posed with MariQueen, an entertainer.
She is obviously thrilled to be with The CORE's flounder founder.
 
 

Pastor Tim Glende is featuring this photo
on his Facebook home page.
Appleton is a happenin' place.


***

GJ - The CORE is now being advertised as the "downtown campus of St. Peter, Freedom." At first, St. Peter was holding the Popcorn Cathedral of Rock at arm's length. Now they seem to be the same congregation. They are calling a new pastor, without resolving the questions about the previous pastor leaving after only seven months.

---

DK has left a new comment on your post "WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent":

Ski's first week in Milwaukee, when I was at Ski's house as his guest (my wife and I had been invited over for dinner)
I was subjected to Sponge Bob/Square pants on TV as we attempted to chat.

I'm thinking, this guy supposedly is a pastor with an MDIV...and we're watching sponge bob. (smackin my brain like duhhhhh...shakin my head like whoaaa)

Then his wife called down stairs to tell us that dinner was ready.(He yelled up to her that we were going to finish the Sponge Bob episode. (Twenty minutes later we went to eat.) I was pretty uncomfortable by this point because in my culture, Dinner and community, especially when guests are over, take priority over even the most riveting TV. (And Sponge Bob is not even an intelligent cartoon like Loony Tunes...) I was sooo out of my element. What the heck is going on here??

***

[GJ - There is more, but I chose to omit it. There is something about the football culture in WELS that defies common sense.]







---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent":

What's with WELS pastors posing with scantily clad Hollywood vixens?

They're partying like Rome with Leonard Sweet in a wooden horse.

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent":

You are all overreacting. These pastors get divine inspiration while posing with beautiful, young women.


---

Michael Schottey has left a new comment on your post "WELS - The CORE - Features Movies for Advent":

Hey Brett, thanks for the lovely vote of confidence...especially since you haven't been there.

Are there "crazies" at MLC that loved those dolts at Evangelism day? Sure, just like the rest of the synod.

But, I promise you, there are more on the other side of the aisle who complain about Evangelism Day and aren't making any movies on the side.

Judging an entire campus by some spurious connection like Evangelism Day speakers or by a video made by 1% of the student body is pretty far fetched.

***

GJ - We can judge a self-described orthodox Lutheran group by the way false teachers are elevated, promoted, defended, and protected. After all, Paul Calvin Kelm's false doctrine has been widely known for a long time, yet he was still the elderly keynote speaker for Evangelism Day at the only WELS synodical college. And he did the same for Mission Day at the Sausage Factory.

Mike, I respect your posts, but people do judge a campus when the collegians get together to defend Party in the MLC by attacking anyone offended by it. WLC got involved on, on behalf of the video.



I did not realize until I saw an interview on video -
Sigfried and Roy are both German! I could tell by their accents.
They're what?