Saturday, December 5, 2009

WELS Pastor Jeske on LCMS Home Page





WELS members paid for Jeske's group, Church and Change,
to be established.
His switch to Missouri may be their reward:

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WELS Pastor Jeske on LCMS Home Page":

As a WELS pastor, it's nonsense like this that has me seriously considering leaving the synod. They keep telling me that issues like this are being addressed, but I see no evidence that anything is actually being done.

***

GJ - I am told his DP is standing in the way of any action. One must also consider the vast number of pastors and teachers trained in Church Shrinkage, all paid for through the mission offerings.



---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "WELS Pastor Jeske on LCMS Home Page":

Pastor Jackson wrote: "all paid for through the mission offerings". Is that an assumption? My gut feeling is that some of the money for C&C and Fuller educations came out of the general operating fund and gifts that could have went towards the ministerial school system and tuition there.

Also, I bet the pastors who went to Fuller and similar seminaries would never actually think of rolling up their sleeves and going to a mission in a third world country, so why should they dip into the missions till?

***

GJ - I meant "missions" in the generic sense, anything given to the synod, not to mention Thrivent and Schwan money.

I know mission pastors were given free rides to "study" at Willow Creek, back in the 1980s. I doubt whether that money came from the officials' own pockets. Funny, I was never offered a Willow Creek scholarship.

Did Larry Oh, Fuller Bivens, David Valleskey, et al. pay the whole cost for their Fuller/Willow Creek/Trinity Deerfield educations? I doubt it.