Wednesday, January 27, 2010

God's Will Is To Use His Word, The Double-Edged Sword






Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Fans of the Video on Facebook":

I am a little confused...you clearly want WELS, ELS, LCMS, etc, members to leave their synods for whatever reasons, but what would you like them to do? Do you have a church that you'd like them to join instead, or would you rather them be unchurched and risk falling from their saving faith, which despite what you say is still sown and nurtured for the most part in said synods?

***

GJ - Luther's approach was to apply the Word and let God do the work. That remains the only answer.

KJV Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

The Pietists want to motion people over to their pure church body. I respect the confessional Lutherans who are applying the Word and using the Book of Concord where they are right now. I have contacts in most of the synods.

I like being independent. I don't have to deceive people about where I went to school - not that I would. I teach more WELS Lutherans daily than the faculty of the Sausage Factory. The difference is - I am a Lutheran.

The irony is this - the best way to teach WELS is from the outside. The Shrinker tentacles reach around every institution in the synod, as the graduation photos show. This blog provides a useful forum where people can discuss ideas and report news.

I get news, information, URLs, photos, and more from laity and pastors. The best photos come from those sources. I keep confidences, so I have a lot of sources.