Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Sem Photo Is Missing





I asked to be photographed when the class of 1987 was being shot. Rick Miller, in charge of the class photos, cautioned me that I could not be included in the group montage. I thought that was really amusing. I believe colloquy students were sometimes included.

Rick Miller founded CrossRoads Evangelical Covenant Church, originally comprised of WELS and LCMS Shrinkers. WELS organized all kinds of training for pastors at Fuller Seminary and Willow Creek. Many of their CG starts left the Lutheran Church and the Christian faith.

I was unclean, but why? I did not go through GA but saw the secret hazing ritual in action later.

I went to accredited schools. That was it. In teaching the pastors of WELS that there is no finer education, they make the men conceited about what they know.

By offering repeat-after-me training, they reduce their ability to think through doctrinal topics. Like newly hatched ducklings, they imprint on the first synod stars they see and follow them to perdition. The evidence is there in the graduate photos.