Saturday, January 23, 2010

One/Third Million Page Views in Last Year





The fake, imitation blog reminds me of Wile E. Coyote.



Google Analytics reports 324,692 page views in the last 12 months.

Unique visitors total almost 48,000.



When I posted a funny video for everyone to enjoy, one of the Shrinkers wrote:


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Hilarious Baby Video":

The older child reminds me of you, GJ -- Sticking your finger into the mouth of slander and then crying when you are caught doing it.

That remark is funny, because I have often mentioned how comments like this encourage and motivate me. It is also sad, because this is a WELS member who finds comfort in making anonymous, peevish statements that have nothing to do with the post itself. Something has gotten under his skin.

Joe Krohn, for instance, started a blog to urge people to boycott this one. He gets about one reader per day. The reason for his tiny audience? - he is a follower of this one and comments almost daily.

Tim Felt-Needs has to blog about the Gadarene horde attending his movie theater, where people enter the entertaining Seeker Service with a drink and a snack in their hands.

In contrast, the early Christians entered the Coliseum with their hands folded in prayer - as the entertainment and the snack.


Christians were the entertainment and the snack
in the Roman theaters.


---

Anonymous WELS Pastor from Appleton has left a new comment on your post "One/Third Million Page Views in Last Year":

So what if a lot of people read this! In the words of the great proponent of confessional Lutheranism (and foe to anything that smacks of CGM) former Dean Ed Lindemann, these readers are nothing more than a bunch of "malcontents and whining puppies."

***

GJ - I met Dean Lindemann at NWC and talked to him once. He opposed the closing of the school. Did that make him a "malcontent and whining puppy?" The NWC faculty wrote a letter opposing amalgamation. I sent it to Christian News for them. Did that make them "malcontents and whining puppies?"

I am not sure of the purpose for quoting Lindemann. I do not think he was speaking about Ichabod. If he was, let me know, give it a date, and include your name, your mother's maiden name, and last 4 numbers in your social.

I am the only one who can say "so what" about the numbers. I did not start the blog to reach a lot of people. Gurgle and Wayne Mueller were still co-presidents when I turned the doctrinal newsletter into a blog. I expected about 20 regular readers.

When people claim "no one reads Ichabod" and thousands do read it, the Shrinkers are the liars.

The funniest deceptions are "Ichabod has no effect" and "so what!" A regular flow of comments claiming no effect is de facto an effect. God's Word blinds and enlightens, hardens and converts. His will and Word are united, so the results belong to Him alone.

I ignore most blogs because they have so little to say. I do not write daily anonymous comments to them. I do check on the fake once a day to see if he is out of detox or done talking to his parole officer. I hope it is helping him with his personal demons, which are legion.