Friday, March 26, 2010

Local Area Network Restored




LI came over with his family to fix my LAN. First we had to fortify ourselves at Dairy Queen, which is down the hill. We got a zillion hugs and kisses from the grandchildren, one dressed as batman. It is great fun living here.

I have the obligatory modem, plus a router (more like a post office) and a server. The Cox people did not understand the configuration and neither did I. Now all the hardware is talking to each other and the conflicts are over. Our granddaughters pick up wireless from the router and use their laptops to play games and stay in touch with friends.

Fortunately, I took courses in all this, so I can follow the lingo. Oddly enough, that got me into the position of being one of those education professors in the graduate program who is certified in computers. I have a blast with teaching a regular course on education technology every few weeks. We discuss Unix, Linux, Twitter, social networking, broadcasting on the Internet, blogging, etc.

We should have a normal service in the normal chapel on Sunday.