Thursday, May 27, 2010

Downsizing the Library


But not my Triglotta.


Most of my reading is on the computer now, and that is true for the family.

I am going to greatly reduce my library in the next few months.

Many books are Lutheran and include volumes from Luther's works.

I have a beautiful set of Dickens' best novels, leather-bound, now out of print.

Others are classics from Easton Press (leather-bound), Folio, and Limited Editions. I have children's literature classics, various histories, etc. For instance, the three-volume Norwich history of the Byzantine Empire is almost as good as Gibbon.

I am not going to sell one book at a time. I prefer a box at a time. Almost everything is in new condition, even though most have been read or used.

The best thing about breaking up a collection is that new people get to enjoy it. These books are beautifully bound and made to last.

Those seriously interested can email me at gregjackson1948@qwest.net