Saturday, June 5, 2010

Not Everyone Is Thrilled with Church and Change


Mark Jeske has already created his own trans-denominational synod,
while soliciting funds from his own current affiliation.
Jeske is the dark force behind Church and Change.



Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "Junior Stormtrooper Lashes Out:The Uncle Fritz Def...":

Garrett,

I'm going to direct you to another blog, The Gadfly. It is hosted by Pastor Spencer, a WELS pastor in Arizona. He has written a section entitled, "A Dozen Don'ts and Dos for Orthodox Lutheran Pastors". I direct you to #3- "Don't assume any other Pastor is orthodox just because you roomed with him in prep or college, or he's married to your sister, or related in any way".
There are hard times ahead in the WELS. To think any other way is naive. It's not just you and your "uncle". I also face this challenge.

A month ago I went to the Church and Change website. Who's picture do I see as an officer? A guy with which I went to prep and college. I always thought he was a nice guy. But.... I don't believe in Church and Change and anything for which they stand. I have to come to terms that he might be a straying brother.

Twenty years ago I was a charter member of a WELS mission church. I consider the pastor a friend. Now he has removed the word Lutheran from its name. It is now a "stealth" church. Once again, this might get personal. Why? I recently happily threw my lot in with the people from Intrepid Lutherans. Might I have to confront friends and schoolmates on the opposite side of heated debate? Yes, and I pray for the strength to do it.

So Garrett, steel your yourself for the future. It could get ugly. As Luther wrote, "With might of ours can naught be done...".