Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Church Mouse Trumps Anonymouse - This Is Why



Church and Changers love this practical book,
because they think church is a business.
Of course, it is for them, and quite profitable.


Church Mouse is not affiliated with the Lutherans. That is why I found his long article on the Rick Warren gang especially important. These changes are happening in all denominations because there has been a long-term, focused, marketing effort to replace all Confessions (Reformed, Lutheran, Catholic, Babtist, Salvation Army, Pentecostal) with Fuller New Age thought.

The best way for Lutherans to realize this is to read articles and blogs from other denominations. If turtles are on fence-posts in many denominations at once, the action was deliberate and not the result of ecclesiastical evolution.

The wine-bibbers at the fake blog think all I write about is their noisome circuit. They imagine such a narrow focus because their are so fascinated with themselves. However, I have written about the Episcopalians, Roman Catholics, Babtists, Pentecostals, and other denominations. Alone in the world--with 1200 Facebook friends--I stay in touch with all groups. Teaching college means I am also directly involved with people around the world who take my online courses. That gives me an unusual perspective since I have perhaps 1,000 students per year, undergrad and graduate.

I have seen an alarming trend toward New Agism in business and the church. Some pioneers were Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale (who plagiarized his best-seller), Robert Schuller, and Paul Y. Cho.

I believe Brett Meyer found the link to Church Mouse because of his interest in the topic.

Anyone can broaden his perspective by pursuing this topics, especially when done in relation to the Confessions. I suggest picking one topic at a time in the Formula of Concord and becoming familiar with the statements, Scripture examples, exegesis, and antithetical statements. The Confessions do reject false doctrine, something found even with a casual reading of the Scriptures.