Thursday, September 30, 2010

Deputy Doug Rides Writes To the Rescue;
Yeast Repents of Publicly Rebuking Public False Doctrine and Plagiarism




When pastors and laity had an appointment to meet with Deputy Doug, he skipped out and sent a letter! 
That shows how much he follows his own advice.


Response Received from District President

For those who are keeping tabs on this blog, in the interests of fairness I wanted to report that I have, at long last, received a response regarding my concerns about the CORE from District President Engelbrecht.

While I will not violate his confidence by sharing the contents of the letter, suffice it to say that I found his response thorough, charitable, honest, and sincere.  While many are probably skeptical of his motives, he assumed the best of my motives and I will return the same in the interests of Christian love.

I would also like to point out that, though I do not regret posting the information I did on this blog (after all, the reason I went to the CORE was for this very reason - to inform via a first-hand account whether or not CORE was as "bad as they say"), I should point out that it would have been more appropriate for me to have first voiced my concerns to Pastor Skorzewski in person, rather than immediately jumping the gun and going to his superiors.

Having said all of that, I encourage everyone to continue to examine the work of Pastor Skorzewski via 
the CORE's website to insure that the content is indeed in line with Christ-centered, orthodox Lutheranism, and that he in fact has ceased copying the sermon outlines of Craig Groeschel's LifeChurch.tv.  

2 comments:






Anonymous said...
"I should point out that it would have been more appropriate for me to have first voiced my concerns to Pastor Skorzewski in person, rather than immediately jumping the gun and going to his superiors." Pastor Ski is well aware of his critics on the internet, including a few of your blog followers. Your concerns have been vocalized repeatedly on other sites. The issues at hand are not his own personal sin that you are airing out on the internet. The concerns you have are about Public Worship. Yes, It wouldn't have been bad to "talk" to him in person first but according to your concerns there weren't "new" issues being brought up that haven't been mentioned before elsewhere. If everyone only went to the board and the Pastor, you may be misled into thinking your concerns were nothing. Just as the Devil used God's Word to tempt Jesus in the wilderness, other denominations and sinful humans use passages to support their own positions on certain doctrines while ignoring other passages that point out there error. It is wise to be sure that they aren't just pointing to the passages which support their position but also can explain any passages that do not support their position. A blessing we have in the WELS vs. other church bodies, is that our churches are accountable for doctrinal practices to each other & the synod and there is a process to it. Is there any wrongdoing to test the process? The process is stronger because of it, my opinion.




Anonymous said...
Acts 17:11 NIV "Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."

***

GJ - I think his blog entry was the final blow in knocking Groeschel's sermons off the stage. Of course, there is no telling what Glende and the rest are up to. Englebrecht defended sermon plagiarism as "many are doing it." That makes it right, of course.

Ski owes all Lutherans an apology for slobbering all over Groeschel, Stanley, Driscoll, and the rest.

Yeast did not owe Ski a private Come To Jesus meeting for dishonestly presenting a false teacher's sermon and graphics as his own. Englebrecht needs to crack open his Book of Concord and study what we all confess about Matthew 18 and the Eight Commandment. Hint - it is in the Large Catechism, under Eighth Commandment.

Like I said, everyone has to pound away on the doctrinal issues. The leaders are indifferent about doctrine, but they do care about public relations.