Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Research and Publish - The Apostates Will Cry and Run



Joseph Schmidt is one of many younger Lutherans who studies Christian doctrine and promotes orthodox teaching.


Rogue Lutheran shows what one lady can do with a browser and search engine. I can think of several Lutheran ladies who are doing the same, one way or another.

One said, "If I give it to my pastor, one person reads it. If I give it to Ichabod, everyone reads it."

We even have a Doctor of Divinity helping out with Ichabod.

We also have men of all ages participating, with an emphasis on the laity. One blogger (Church Mouse) is in England. Another (Extra Nos) is down under.

I added Bad Vestments to the blog list for the enjoyment and edification of readers. I enjoy the way that site pillories bad taste in clergy wear and tacky services (clown eucharist, Calvinist puppets of doom, giant marching animals in a pagan Presbyterian ceremony). The examples show what anti-confessional clergy do to destroy worship, the flip side of Emergent Church but the same flip attitude - we can do whatever we want.

Ichabod is linked many places but not linked where it is deemed unsafe. I am not annoyed but charmed. A blog has to be dangerous to be left off a list of confessional Lutheran URLs. Forbidden fruit is sweeter. What were the WELSians reading during the last convention? It wasn't WELS.net. What were the college kids reading, between text messages, when their gay video was posted?

Meanwhile, Fake-o-bod has gone mute again, after kissing up to the Intrepids. What is more hypocritical of the Appleton blogger: denouncing unionism while preaching Groeschel, or smooching Intrepid Lutherans in public while blocking their emails in private?

Once again. the treatment itself is the highest commendation. As Luther said, it may be an honor that vice pays to virtue, but hypocrisy is still a sin.

I expect nothing in the short-run. Eventually, if people continue to research and publish, the apostates in power will bawl and run away. That does not mean adopting the 30-year plan. There is too much patience and too little urgency.

Someone in Columbus asked why I was adamant about doctrine. I asked what the congregation would do if the furnace were about to explode. "They would fix it right away. No delay." I asked why nothing was done about dangerous doctrine, which threatened everyone. That was 23 years ago.

WELS Columbus sheltered an adulterous CG fanatic and gave him another congregation to ruin, endorsed by the WELS district VP, coddled and flattered by the ELS and Thoughts of Faith. The false doctrine promoted there nurtured the undiscerning mind of Tim Glende, who now advocates even worse versions in Appleton while his mentor still works in Columbus.

As I said, that was 23 years ago, and WELS is asking for another 30 years to fix matters, with no change visible, except new exploding scandals.

I am waiting for the promised report about Piepenbrink.

And I heard Toledo is changing pastors faster than a cheap motel changes the sheets. Michigan District anti-anti-CG meddling is bearing fruit in Toledo and elsewhere.

The volunteer bloggers are all citizens, but we are doing the work American DPs won't do. They say the installation service for a DP includes an operation where the spine is removed.

I am not so sure about that. Deputy Doug went after me - big time! Capn Huff-n-Puff roared from his cabin below the deck of the Leakin' Lena. Read the letter. It was totally fierce.

Mrs. Ichabod wanted me to mention that I am teaching the following courses soon: Christian ethics, world religion, mythology, urban ministry, spiritual formation, and church history. A reader said I could teach at Mary Lou College, but the fact is - I am tied down at the moment.