Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog Listing Note



Jesus and the Children, by Norma Boeckler


I add and subtract blogs from time to time. The idea is to give readers some links they may wish to follow, whether I agree with the blog authors or not. For instance, most people will want to see how deep the Intrepids will dig their hole as they excuse their crypto-Universalism...in the name of UOJ. But some of them, laity, post intelligent remarks.

I listed Divinity and Beyond temporarily, which dealt with ELCA. The author seems to be in the lap of Bishop Mark Hanson. Bad Vestments was fun from time to time, but not a keeper. I look it up for laughs sometimes, but the posts are infrequent and always at the same level of snark.

I appreciate Church Mouse because he is a dedicated Calvinist who enjoys studying the issues. We are exchanging emails about theological terms. I believe it is fair to say that he finds UOJ appalling. I am trying to grasp how justification by faith got perverted into UOJ. Being fair to another confession of faith is crucial in comparative dogma and the history of doctrine.

Norman Teigen is a good example of how people should engage in argumentation. He is cheerful, kind, and honest.

Lutherans need to do their own homework. I try to post as much data as I can, along with entertaining comments. The Changers provide the humor. I only need to observe their behavior and quote their alleged wisdom.