Friday, October 22, 2010

De-Rez Blog This





bored has left a new comment on your post "Shunning versus Doctrinal Discernment":

Hey Der Dr. Jackson

Color-me-non-early-adopter but I think that the "Blog this" addition to Ichabod is a little distracting.

I would LOVE it if those "Blog this" posts showed up in a right-hand banner, but as they are, inserted into the body of the blog, they are too much.

I don't know what it costs to own a website, but I'll contribute the first $50 bucks. You've outgrown the blog format. I'm sure there is someone with web design skills in your readership who'd set it up pro bono.

just sayin'...

***

GJ - I had to play with it first. I like the button because I can get the essentials into my blog and fill in the box more easily. Some people have impossible-to-kelm blogs, so Blog This works well.

I teach web design, Bored, and I appreciate the ease of using Blogger. It can be distributed many different ways. I knew from various people that they were using email and printing to get materials to others, including Uncle Roy.

Feel free to copy what you want into a new blog or website. I will link it.

Some may think I am a cad for eliminating Norma Boeckler's art at the top of the page. I am working out a better way to use it in the template. My idea is to create a masthead in Photoshop. User-friendly things have rigid design limitations.