Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How To Tweet


I just got started with Twitter, even though I had the account for an undetermined time.

My Twitter account.

It is a service that creates its own practical applications. I joined and began getting followers. I use it now by sending a Tweet to the list, every time I post here, every time I post on the MCP page on Facebook, every time I post on the Moline Memories page on FB. The pages generate their own Tweets each time. Moline Memories is a separate Twitter account.

People can email a post, but it is much easier to Tweet the post. A Tweet is a short URL. People can pick it up on their mobile devices and read it. Someone is traveling abroad right now. This way he can pick up every post easily from following me.

Each technology leads to more readers. I am happy with the numbers. Perhaps astonished is a better term.

There are many more social networking tools being used. I am still working on the template to get them to show up the way I want, at the end of a post.