Thursday, October 21, 2010

One of the Few Lutheran Forums For Open Discussion




Directing people to interesting posts is much easier and faster with Blog This.

I leave comments open to almost everyone. Some comments are just robo-posts, such as a recent bunch promoting Roman Catholicism without addressing anything on the blog. If I wanted to know more about the glories of Rome, I would enroll at one of the Concordia seminaries. That reminds me - I kelmed something from Logia, which I will publish in a few moments. Naturally, robo-posts do not see the light of day.

If I mention the Campbellites with anything suggesting criticism, they will jump on me like hobos on a hotdog. I know they are using Google Alerts, like most of the WELS leadership, so they respond immediately.

Many blogs are parochial because they want to preserve the company line, which they imagine is best accomplished by suppressing dissent from the company line. LutherQuest (sic) is a UOJ websty, whose discussions prompted one Lutheran observer to say, "Are they crazy or just stupid?"

Christian News has often hailed its own independence, but the tabloid is really an organ for promoting the glories of Missouri, WELS, and the Southern Babtists. Otto Heick observed that church history at a nearby Babtist seminary moved from the apostles to the Reformation without any history in-between. Church history in Christian News jumps from the apostolic age to Pietism, culminating in the Synodical Conference, 1932. Needless to say, UOJ is the norma normans, because the Book of Concord is so confusing and the Bible is so old.

I used to get emails from friends who were shocked at how nasty the comments were on Ichabod. I post them to show what the Church and Money Changers are like. The Changers are up to my tricks now. I also suspect that the Intrepids (sic) and Glende (sick) have been told to stifle themselves. For therapy, Glende needs to post something reflecting his character. He had his Fake-O-Bod open for his monthly post. He is strangely silent. Reading his material is like opening the confidential files at a psychiatrist's office - disturbing and addicting. What can be said about a Lutheran pastor who posts pictures of cats on toilets?

Count on this - each little faction has its secret email lists. They can also create secret discussion groups and invitation-only precious blogs. Some like to IM each other, since the words exchanged are harder to reproduce. I have heard from a few people that way. I forget who they are. I appreciate being filled in about certain matters, but I do not like the idea of secret blog groups, secret email lists, etc. One look around Lutherdom will show how well that has turned out. For every secret list there are plenty of moles reporting back to The Guilt Factory (WELS), the Purple Palace (LCMS), and the Little Vatican on the Prairie (ELS). Betrayal means a promotion.

An infection needs to be lanced and drained, not covered with a flesh-colored bandage. Walther himself urged Lutherans to discuss doctrinal topics in the open. The Apostle Paul--or Shakespeare--suggested the same thing. Lutherans Inc and Thrivent Inc do not want that - makes one late for the golf course.

Synodical drones specialize in keeping tabs on people. The Net has made that easier. When I was developing my Facebook friends list, one pastor got a message from a DP: "How do you know Greg Jackson?" In WELS, that is an accusation, not a question. Although the question provoked a laugh, the question was efficacious.