Friday, November 26, 2010

Church Mouse, Fuller, and Megatron


When I bought this nifty computer system, I was able to do more work, 
and enjoy a walk in the fresh air.



UOJ in WELS, ELS, LCMS, and ELCA makes the Church Growth Movement and the even worser Emergent Church possible.


I was happy to see Church Mouse give Fuller Seminary a well-deserved caning. That motivated me to warm up the legendary Megatron database and produce some relevant quotations. I sorted them by author and date, the best I could. Everyone should feel free to use them.

The 3,000+ quotations stored in Megatron should remind people that I have actually studied the issues, read the books and articles, and stored the information. Nothing made WELS more furious than having their Shrinker leaders quoted verbatim with all the citation data provided. Wait - one thing made them more furious - when I quoted Luther, Chemnitz, and Walther. The way the Fuller grads sounded, members thought I was taking away the booze and girlfriends from the Shrinkers. But no, the CG gurus went on as usual.

WELS, Missouri, and the Little Sect are millions of dollars lighter as a result.


Pentecostal C. Peter Wagner trained a lot of LCMS and WELS leaders, especially in American and foreign missions. Could that have influenced the Pentecostal movement in those two denominations?