Saturday, December 18, 2010

MotorSage: My Line in the Sand...


Former Augustana Synod congregation, HerChurch is no longer the mother church to conservative Swedes.


MotorSage: My Line in the Sand...

Another exit from ELCA.

The only ones staying with ELCA are the LCMS, WELS, and the Little Sect on the Prairie.

---

Narrow-minded Lutheran has left a new comment on your post "MotorSage: My Line in the Sand...":

Yes, I was told that LCMS has to remain in endeavors with ELCA, right or wrong, because the convention voted for it; and I am wrong to fault the leadership. So WELS and Missouri can continue to badmouth ELCA while working with them through Thrivent and other endeavors. One can also conclude that WELS and Missouri are in default fellowship with LWF through Thrivent. But, I'm an extremist and sectarian (my personal favorite label).

***

GJ - At least you recognize the blackness of your soul, Narrow-minded. That is a good beginning - from their point of view.

This basic concept makes me chortle - If they did not BOHICA for ELCA, Thrivent, and the Daddy Warbucks, a modest increase in proportionate giving would make up for all the losses they fear.

However, they would rather get a pledge during supper at the posh Missouri Athletic Club from one Daddy Warbucks than do real stewardship work in flyover country.

The best management will always be - faithful stewardship of the mysteries of God--the revealed doctrine of the Scriptures.

God is telling WELS, Missouri, and the micro-minis: "I hate your false doctrine, your false teachers, your worship of the Golden Calf."