GJ - One of the more glaring defects of WELS Church and Change is the need for secrecy. People ask in vain:
- Where are copies of these plagiarized sermons from Groeschel? After all, Groeschel himself stated that pastors should give him credit for copying his original work.
- What pastoral conference was attended in Seattle, since WELS held no conferences at all that week?
- Who is funding this extravagant pipeline from Groeschel's LifeChurch.tv? Shouldn't the Methodists kick in some money for promoting Methodism?
- The Change or Die! brochure brags that Ski has 300 people each Sunday evening. How many are WELS members from the area? If services were held Sunday morning, how many would attend?
- Apart from Daddy Warbucks, what is the giving there? Can this model work in other areas - having a vanity project that burns up oodles of money to gather members from the same synod for evening rock music?
old-curmudgeon (http://old-curmudgeon.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Stealth Calendar at The CORE.Does This Need Commen...":
Stealth too often means untrustworthy.
GJ - For sure, Old Curmudgeon. Most churches promote everything on their calendars rather than hiding them. The CORE's sermon titles were listed far in advance, which is how people connected them so easily with Groeschel's.