Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Various Minor Items


I was happy to receive a bonus from one of the universities, making it two out of two in a few months. The previous one was for being in the upper percentile of their instructors, according to HAL, their never-sleeping statistics gathering computer. The new one is for scholarship and other activities. I thought, "This is good." They delay actual payment for one year, pending another year of work. That is even better, because they are trying to hang onto senior instructors.

Most of my teaching is in religion now, for various reasons. One school is limiting instructors to master's/PhD in the teaching area, so that limits me to religion and the graduate school in education. The other school has a large religious instruction program, so I have taught about 15 different classes, but mostly Biblical classes. No one has condemned me for teaching Lutheran doctrine, so you can rest assured they are not owned by WELS, Missouri, or the Little Sect on the Prairie. In fact, the students love having quotations from Luther, Gerhardt, and other orthodox Lutheran writers.

Additional trial copies of Luther versus the UOJ Pietists: Justification by Faith are being sent out. Gifts to send more out are always welcome. I can mail a copy for $12, direct from Lulu.com. We should have a larger order ready for the May Trifecta, when the ELS, WELS, and LCMS get together (without ELCA, for once).

Kudos Needed for Justification
I could use back of the book comments for Justification, to replace the mega-photo of me. You may make them anonymously, which will make them more interesting. I doubt whether any seminary professor is going to endorse justification by faith.

More research will be revealed in a future edition.