Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Do You Like the Doctrinal Graphics?

Rev. Sallie and Pastor Sleazy have been given a divine call to be Planned Giving Counselors.


I have fun with satirical graphics, like the one above.

My favorites are the doctrinal graphics, based on the best quotations in Megatron, my ready-to-go database.

Let me know what you think of them. I may do a few with false doctrine, too, because we remember better with the words illustrated by a picture.

My aim is not to deliver great quotations, as such, although they deserve to be memorized. More importantly, the laity and pastors need to do their own studies. Some have said they began or renewed their study of the Book of Concord because of Ichabod. I am happy if only one person thinks that way.

I will still be reporting on apostasy. The Fox Valley bunch is pretty boring - utterly predictable. The entire district is a festering pool of gangrene, as predicted by the Word of God.

The leadership in WELS, Missouri, and the Little Sect is appalling. But their salaries and perks depend on the consent of the governed. They are voted into office and paid in part with offering money. Who knows how much they get from Thrivent, Schwan, and the dead. Facts and figures are elusive.

The situation continues, not because the Doctrinal Pussycats are so bad - and they are - but because everyone makes excuses:
  1. The SP does not have any power. Boo hoo.
  2. The DP does not have any power. Boo hoo.
  3. The CP is bossed by the DP and has no power. Boo hoo.
  4. I am just a pastor and have no power. Boo hoo.
  5. I am just a layman and have no power. Boo hoo.

The Word has power. The excuses above show that those who use them are not Lutherans and not faithful to the revealed, inspired, efficacious Word of God.