Friday, April 1, 2011

More Than Photoshop Practice

Groeschel, Tim Glende's favorite theologian, knows how to rock a pair of faded jeans.


One Ich-addict wrote about the relative drought of posts this week. I seem to be outproducing ELCA, Missouri, and WELS combined, but that is not so difficult. I do not enjoy three martini lunches. Nor do I devote all my spare time to Packer-mania (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I get peeved at the relentless onslaught of anti-Christian behavior in the Olde Syn Conference. Even when caught and feigning repentance (gay video) the dogs return to their vomit - following the Word in their distinctive way.

Sausage Factory students used to declare angrily that no one outside of the Pietistic haven could criticize them. They never applied that rule to themselves, because they were always eager to run down every denomination, especially the ELS. More hilariously, they could not abide criticism from inside of WELS either.

My favorite bromide from that era was, "Missouri will have to get ministry straight before we can be in fellowship with them again." That was always said exactly the same way, with great fierceness, as if repeating a statement from the musty mummified classroom. And it was. Of course, the professors were studying doctrine with their Missouri counterparts at many locations, including Fuller Seminary, Willow Creek, and Trinity Divinity in Deerfield.

As Arizona Babtist said, "Dropping the F-word is scary to WELS." The F-word is Fuller. The Fuller grads start lying as soon as they hear it.

One Eponymous Archon (https://me.yahoo.com/oneeponymousarchon) has left a new comment on your post "Harrison, Schroeder, and Moldstad To Issue Apology...":

Great spoof, Dr. Jackson! This would be really funny if it weren't so sadly and pathetically true and accurate. In fact, is it indeed frighteningly right on! I was in WELS for a long time before I realize how sick and demented they all are. I'm still wary of them, which is why I don't use my real name. I have relatives still stuck in that fetid swamp of unholiness! Keep up the good work of unmasking these heretics! I am merely -

One Eponymous Archon

***

GJ - WELS is very sick as an organization. The corrupt and immoral are constantly rewarded while the faithful are slapped around. One ex-WELS member is shocked that I know some good Wisconsin pastors. There are some, but not very many. The system is so evil that the faithful must stay under the radar so they are not spewed out like last night's ingestion of beer.

I understand why people do not want to be identified when they speak the truth about WELS. This is the only public place where that can happen.

The Intrepids try every so often, but that is obviously a managed blog, managed by SP Schroeder. They are on a tight leash, like puppies waiting to be housebroken.

This is a doctrinal war, with only one side (the Changers) fighting.

Cry havoc and unleash the dogs of war.