Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Luther Rocks - All Heresies Begin in the Church




Monday, June 27, 2011


"All Heresies Begin In the Church"

Is that not a profound statement?  I had heard this quite recently from a 'seasoned' Lutheran pastor.  It took awhile to sink in.  But when you think about it, where else would a false teaching take root?


"If I understand all of your recent emails correctly, you wish to remain members of Holy Word only if you can convince us of the errors of our ways in regard to my preaching that "we were forgiven by God in Christ before we believed that we are forgiven." - Pr. Don Patterson

"But you have to understand that forgiveness, reconciliation, justification, atonement - all describe the amazing grace of God given for this whole world irrespective our faith or repsonse. (sic) God loves us all and forgives us all long before we do anything at all -" - Pr. Don Patterson


The last Word...


John 16:5-15:  "5 “Now I am going to him who sent me, yet none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 Because I have said these things, you are filled with grief. 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt[a] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.


   12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you."


Scott E. Jungen said...
How true! When was the last time a congregation went to their pastor and said: "Hey, pastor, please teach us this (name one) false doctrine." Scott E. Jungen
LutherRocks said...
What is so profound about the John 16 text is that God did the same with the prophets of the OT as He is here with the Apostles...go and preach my message of sin, righteousness and judgement and the message of the Savior...