Sunday, June 12, 2011

WELS SS Barf-o-rama: UOJ for Kiddies.
Or, Roll Over, Gausewitz



AC V has left a new comment on your post "Joe Krohn on Forgiveness - The Gospel as Law":

"Or the woman who is verbally and physically abused (malicious abandonment of vows) who is seeking a scriptural divorce and is told she must forgive and not file for divorce. If she does not forgive and continues towards divorce, she will be excommunicated."

The following is why she was told to do so. In WELS it is taught at a young age.

WELS ChristLight Sunday School Teacher's Guide; Grades 5-6; New Testament; Week 5; Lesson B; Discussion Point, Option 1 (apply); p. 70:

God wants us to forgive others just as he has forgiven us, but we often find excuses not to forgive. How would you answer each of these excuses?

1. Katie makes fun of my clothes every day and refuses to stop. Why should I forgive her? (A: God forgives our sins, even the ones we repeat every day.)

2. John hates me and tells lies about me behind my back. Why should I forgive him? (A: God forgives even those who hate him.)

3. When I accidentally hurt Sarah, she was mad for weeks. Today she pushed me on purpose. Why should I forgive her? (A: God forgives even those who don't show a loving spirit.)

4. Kurt totally ruined my new sweater and didn't even apologize. Why should I forgive him? (A: God forgives us even before we say we're sorry.)

(Note: God forgives everyone in the whole world - those who love him, those who hate him, those who reject him, and those who don't even know about him [objective justification]. We receive his forgiveness when the faith he has given us accepts that forgiveness [subjective justification].