Friday, July 29, 2011

Took the Test, Diagnosis Needed for Treatment

Cover one eye. Which cat is clearer than the other? OK, cover the other eye. Cat one or cat two?


One optician tested my eyes recently and found a potential for glaucoma. She suggested more testing.

As most people know, untreated glaucoma leads to blindness. Those little pumps in the eye keep up a precise pressure. If the pressure is too high for a period of time, vision is destroyed. The onset is subtle.

Family history matters, and my father had glaucoma.

The Lutheran sect approach is to avoid testing at all costs. If someone offers a correct diagnosis, or even asks for more testing, that individual is run out of town (figuratively and literally) and attacked in every possible way.

I went to the one of the best eye clinics in the area. I knew it was a classy place, because the posted dress code was - Wear shoes.

I did not want to hear bad news, but I thought going blind would limit the damage I do to UOJ, so I took the tests. I am fine for now, but will need annual testing.

The Lutheran sects have been promoting falsehood for decades. Everyone knows it but few survivors want to deal openly with it. Without a proper diagnosis, additional blindness will follow.