Friday, August 19, 2011

Caleb's Ideas about Free Conferences




I find this interesting that the WELS would actually host a “Free Conference” at New Ulm.

Traditionally, in the past the WELS would squeal like a rat pushed down a snakes throat when invited to a free conference. Thy avoided them within and without the synod in the past; especially here in Milwaukee.

Now they are promoting their own free conferences which I would normally applaud. However, I am distrusting their motives here and I do not know why.

I guess my gut tells me, if there is a “free conference” it should be about compelling subjects where individual pastors and theologians can speak “freely” without representing synods without any rancor or retribution. I suppose if you showed up and announced it in advance you would somehow get “bushwacked.”

I would like to see in a Free Conference………….
Compelling subjects like:

1. What is defined as Lutheranism today. Are there confessional absolutes expressed as written confessions or are they now situational? Or, are those absolutes redefined periodically by the Priesthood and if so what is that definition?

2. Is the Book of Concord still relevant today as a “Quia” Subcription to the norm of Scripture and if not what is? Does a belief system in scripture necessitate a Quia Subscription applied to scriptures in some form of expression? If not, are all confessions irrelevant? Is the process of interpreting Scriptures as the norm that norms all an evolutionary process whose interpretation is the divine providence of the sacradotal priesthood and their perceived theological truths to the ontological, cosmological, and teleological and moral issues of the day?

In short in logic there is a syllogism; If not A then B. What is your B and whatever you define it as; what is it, define it on paper.

In today’s theology, what is meant by the “efficacy of the word” as applied to Lutheran theology. Does this differ in any way to the Reformation fathers interpretation of that phrase? Compare and contrast.

While these plastic priests are contemplating their navels I would like some of this stuff addressed.

Caleb

***

GJ - Several have already wondered why I was not asked to respond about justification. My response was, "Because I know the score."

It is good to have false teachers try to explain themselves in public. They have been hiding in the woodwork too long.